● A persons SS number was taken off to limit identity theft. The card does not show gender nor have to be signed.
● The new number is called a Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI). Each person's MBI is unique with a combination of — 4 upper case letters & numbers, a -, 3 more, a - and 4 more.
What if a card was not received? You can:
● Sign in to your MyMedicare.gov account and it will show if a card was mailed.
[Create an neaccount if you do not have o.]
● You can print an official card which will not show the - between the character sections!
● Call Medicare (1-800-633-4227). Your mailing address in the system may not be correct.
● No card is not a problem - MDs and other treatment providers can use the old SS - based # for all MediCare transactions through December 31, 2019.
● Printed on paper - Best to have it laminated (e.g. at Staples) with their 8 1/2 X 11 form and cut down. Do not use a card protector which may not scan in MD office.
Call or Text John Parker's Google Voice line (860) 451-9793 if any questions on the new ID cards or about the Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage Plans available in Southeastern CT.
The Medicare-Health-Plans-Southeastern-CT content is copyrighted © 2018 to 2019 by John C Parker, RHU, LTCP - All Rights Reserved.