● To limit identity theft! A persons SS number is not used, no longer shows gender, and does not show a signature.
● The new ID card has a new name - a Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) - which is unique for each person.
● The MBI is a combination of — 4 upper case letters & numbers — 3 more — and 4 more.
● The MBI doesn’t use the:
- > letters S, L, O, I, B, and Z to avoid confusion between letters and numbers such as number “0” and letter “O”.
Printed on paper - Best to have it laminated so it is easier to use. (e.g. at Staples) with their 8 1/2 X 11 form and cut down. Do not use a card protector which may not scan in MD office.
Need a new card? You can sign into your MyMedicare.gov account or - create one. Then you can:
● Print an official card which won't show the - between the sections!
● Order a new card.
● Review your claims.
Call Medicare (1-800-633-4227) if you have questions about your account.
Call or Text John Parker's Google Voice line (860) 451-9793 if any questions on the new ID cards or about:
● A Medicare Supplement in CT or
● A Medicare Advantage Plan in Southeastern CT.